you left me on read

'You left me on read'

Seconds after texting you the last goodbye,
I was holding my phone and waiting for your response,
My hands were shaking, my heart was pounding,
I saw you were online and then offline without a word,
I held my phone for hours, even while working,
Because I didn't want to miss even a message that might send and then 'delete for everyone'. 

I remember holding my phone while I passed out, 
And waking up with every vibration and sound, 
Pinning your chat on top and 
looking at my phone day & night,
Getting drunk and senseless but only feeling my hand,
Because it held the phone, 
Taking a bath and still looking at our chat,
But, no, you didn't care to respond. 

You left me on "read"
- Part 1 - 

* You left me on read * 

Another day, same longing, 
For that customized notification sound,
For those stickers that expressed how you felt.

Still the same question in my mind,
How are you able to do this ?
Is moving on from me so convenient?
Things, people, places around you 
don't remind you of me ?

Don't you also type and delete texts on my chat ?
Don't you take pictures of things that remind you of me ?
To show me some day, to tell me, 
This is how much I longed for you, 
This is how much I missed you !

Maybe you'd not say or do any of that, 
Because, 

You left me on 'read' !
Part 2. 

Medhavi 
30/04/24

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

oas 🌸

ghum 🌸

neend 🌸