not enough🌸

You just didn't love me enough 

Seven years ago when we met, 
I didn't know, neither you did, 
That our paths will cross again, 
And you will fall for someone like me...

Someone as broken as I was then, 
Tired of love, tired of being unloved. 

And we met again when things were worse, 
I had put my heart in jeopardy for someone else, 
And was shattered but you still held me. 

5 years of your patience, 
5 years of your love, 
But today I want to say that, 
You didn't love me enough. 

You said you find it hard to express, 
And I waited for that one day when you would,
You said you'd fight the world for me,
And I waited for that one day when you would...

You gave up too late, 
Or you gave up too early, 
I wasn't prepared, 
We weren't done, 
But between us there were always your demons,
And you and your demons never believed in miracles. 

Your practicality killed my dream - lit love, 
Your pragmatism killed all my goals for us, 
It was always black and white for you, 
And the truth was you didn't love me enough...

You gave me time to fall for you, 
You waited for me to let go, 
But it was hard, so hard I tell you, 
To let go and not be loved enough, 
To take a chance and not be appreciated enough, 
To give it all and not be sure, 
And to love again without being broken all over again...

Sending flowers was not enough, 
I wish we watched films together while texting,
Talking on the phone was not enough, 
I wish we saw each other more often, 
Asking me what I wanted for my birthday was not enough, 
I wish you remembered the dress I liked, 
Planning for our next trip wasn't enough, 
I wish you planned a date just for the two of us...

Maybe I was too dreamy, 
Or you were too real, 
I realised over time that I chased you too hard, 
You took me for granted because I never gave up on love, but eventually I stopped chasing because your love wasn't enough. 

I realized that I deserved better, 
I realised I deserved to be loved, 
I realized that I should stop chasing you, 
I realized that I was done, 
But you were my everything, 
My best friend, my confidant, my go - to person for advice, 
So losing you meant losing it all, 
But you didn't think even twice and stopped caring, 
Your Love wasn't enough and then there was not even sympathy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

oas 🌸

ghum 🌸

neend 🌸