sun🌸

The sun couldn't enter my dark soul today, 
I stood there, tanning my skin, drying my hair and soaking myself in the empties of my thoughts...

The wind kept blowing, 
And my hair became frizzy, 
My heart was drenching, 
But my eyes weren't teary...

I zoned out multiple times,
But I stood there, still & quiet,  
My body kept reminding me, 
Hydrate, rest, move, 
But my heart kept yelling, 
Vent, cry, share...

And as someone entered the room, 
I turned back with a wide smile, 
And pretended that everything was good, 
When asked, I said, I'm all fine, 
Zoned out and confused from within, 
I found myself motivating someone else, 
And suddenly I woke up from my emotional slumber, 
To realise that I was in a gathering of friends...

I gulped down a few glasses of white wine, 
Felt the wind in my hair at the 9th floor of a building high rise, 
And looked around to absorb the night, 
And told myself, just another day, just another life...

- Medhavi 
08.02.2023



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

oas 🌸

ghum 🌸

neend 🌸