miss you🌸

Hey, 
I miss you ! 

I miss the jokes you made over and over just to hear me laugh, 
I miss the Maggi you made for me when I was down with fever, 
I miss the extra butter you smeared on my toast every morning,
I miss the impromptu marketing ads you did to sell me anything,
I miss the fact that you were my biggest fan, 
I miss your vivid observations about my pictures, 
I miss being introduced by you to people,
I miss you blabbering about me like I was some celebrity.

But, then I remember how I missed 
seeing things beyond all this,
How I missed observing your changed behavior, 
How I missed catching your lies when you fooled me,
How I missed understanding the reasons you betrayed me, 
 How I missed seeing your intentions behind that smile,
How I missed hearing your heart all that while, 
How I didn't see it coming that you'd choose her over me,
How I didn't see that you were no longer in love with me. 

But, yes, I miss the good times, 
The conversations, the jokes, the film marathons, 
The friendship, the love, the long walks, 
But I remember it too that you let it all go,
Not because I wasn't worth it, but because you weren't in love. 

- Medhavi

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

oas 🌸

ghum 🌸

neend 🌸