dear JNU - 1

Dear JNU, 
I am writing this to you because I had made many plans to re-live each bit of you for the last time as this was supposed to be my final semester. But due to Covid 19, everything got postponed and now suddenly I got to know that I can submit my thesis online. There's no clarity about when the campus shall reopen and I guess, this is the end of my JNU journey. .
.
.

This is my first letter to you and I am more than overwhelmed while writing this. I've known you since I was a child and didn't even dream of being a part of you because I always believed that you were too big a dream for me. When I got selected for M.Phil (Cinema Studies) in School of Arts and Aesthetics, I was really happy for two reasons - first being that I was a part of JNU and second being that I was finally doing what I always wanted. .
.
.

The first semester was beautiful because I met some really amazing people @hrishikesharvikar @paramitapragya Geedha, Dipika, @amrigos Matru, @chowdhrytalha @toto_ki_amma @paradoxical_cliche ! These guys were my first friends and they'll always remain a special part of my journey. I learnt so much from my faculty members and also witnessed a completely new way of imparting education. .
.
.
We could ask any doubts, we could question anything, no matter how dumb it was, we could actually tell our professors when they were wrong (rarely that happened though), we could actually ask for a 'break' inbetween a class and we could actually study for continuous 7-8 and sometimes 10 hours too in that lovely room in the SAA building. Our professors used to always order Chai + Samose / Dal Vada for us. Sometimes we even used to all go to Ira maams room and make Chai for ourselves. SAA always felt like home. .
.
.
I'll be writing more letter to you JNU. For now this is the first one. Just to say and convey that I love you with all my heart. You will always be the best thing that ever happened to me. .
.
.
Love, Medhavi

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

oas 🌸

ghum 🌸

neend 🌸