what did you do about that extra key ?

I remember how we shared one room... Though it was officially yours and I never shifted, but it was an unsaid commitment... And a decision that was never discussed.. Every morning I woke up beside you, the first breath was always filled with your smell, the first sight was always your face, the first touch was always of your hair or hand, the first sentence was always an 'I love you' or a 'good morning baby'. I went to my room just to get fresh and change clothes, rest we studied, ate, hanged out, rested, slept, and spent each moment together. There were times when we both felt that it was becoming a little too much but thought how to talk about it. When I gave you space, I never thought that it will go against me and by giving you space for a day or two or at times, a few hours, would take you away from me. I wanted to give you that space to understand yourself better, to give time to others, to make new friends and spend time with yourself. But you just needed that time to give my place to someone else. I couldn't believe at first, but it was true, you cheated me! 

I could never figure out, where I failed, or what more could I do. I gave my best or may be beyond my best. Suddenly, one day, we became strangers and things changed completely. Ten stairs up and twenty steps away was your room, I still remember the smell of your corridor... I still remember the first time I ever cooked in my life, because it was just for you.. I still remember how I kept your room like it was our dream house.. and those little gestures... Oh I miss that all !

You're happy with your new girlfriend and you seem to be in love with her, but I'm still living in that slumber and it is so hard to wake up and accept that whatever we had was a lie. I loved you with all my heart and soul. I still remember when I left the keys at your table and took away my guitar from your room, I looked back with the expectation or hope that you might stop me, but you didn't. I walked the slowest steps that night, in the hope that I will look back to find you behind me, but no, you weren't there. I came back to my room and kept my guitar at a corner and looked at your pictures all through the night and cried my heart out. I still look at my guitar and wonder, do you still sing,'you say it best...' for anyone else? Do you still miss me ? Do you still love me ? because I do.. because I always did and always will. And I still wonder, what did you do about that extra key ? 

Medhavi

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

oas 🌸

ghum 🌸

neend 🌸