🎈|And maybe some day I will stop loving you|

There are times when I think about a chain of "what ifs"...
What if I never said "yes",
"Yes" to love, and "yes" to you,
And that I, loved you too...
What if I didn't accept anything less,
Less than love, and still so much,
And didn't allow that first kiss and touch...
What if I didn't fall in love,
In love with those deep black eyes,
And didn't believe in those brutal lies...
What if I never gave a second chance,
Chances of making me believe,
That your love was true and not a dream...
What if the "what ifs" didn't exist,
And you remained a story for me,
A story of unrequited love and loss,
A story of semi colon and not a full stop...
A dream that never turned into a nightmare,
A scream that never turned into silence,
A voice that never echoed with pain,
A choice that I would never make again...
I won't say I hate or regret loving you,
And I won't even say that I will forget you,
But I will smile and still think of these "what ifs", 
And maybe some day I will stop loving you.
Medhavi
#deepthoughtsthatkeepmeawake
#love #loss #regrets #instantpoetry #poetrygram

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

oas 🌸

ghum 🌸

neend 🌸