🤗|I mirror|

I mirror...

When I look at our old pictures,
I mirror the part of me that I lost,
I mirror the darkness in those bright filters,
I mirror the emotions that  were not worth the shot,
I mirror the broken pieces that still glitter.
I mirror the smiles that were partially fake,
I mirror the relationship for which I put everything at stake,
I mirror the devil with a rose in his hand,
I mirror the blindedness and the slipping sand.
I mirror myself at the weakest end,
I mirror the enemy that once was a friend,
I mirror the letters that you never wrote,
I mirror the lies that you never showed,
I mirror the fairytale of which I dreamt,
I mirror the love that meant life then.
I mirror the betrayal that came barefoot,
I mirror the reminders that it was all for good,
I mirror the times I wrote suicide notes,
I mirror the dry tears and inner flood,
I mirror the pain that made me feel numb,
I mirror the feeling of nothingness,
I mirror the anxiety that didn't let me sleep,
I mirror the loudest silences.
Our old pictures don't make me feel happy anymore,
These mirrors exist and hurt even more,
I tore them, burnt them and dusted their ashes today,
But still the smell lingers in my soul.
Such is love, and such is pain,
You can't avenge and it hits again,
But life is beautiful and that's true,
And I will be happy even without you.
Medhavi
26-07-17

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

oas 🌸

ghum 🌸

neend 🌸