The relationship with music is just about selflessness

It was present around me all the time in some or the other form, since I took my first breath. Neither love, nor affection could ever be that faithful and consistent as it was - Music ! The first letters I spoke were not spoken but sung by me as they were musical notes and the first sentence that I made was nothing with respect to my family or vocabulary but a song that was too popular then.

I grew up listening and observing music through the era when music was expensive and a little out of reach especially for children. I remember I got my first cassette as my birthday gift from my brother when I was in class 6th and it was such a delightful moment. Collecting cassettes and recording songs from radio to blank cassettes was my favorite hobby. I had built up my own archive of music. Soon the DVD age followed by the personal computer hard drives, pen drives and eventually external hard drives which made music such a mobile entity. At present its as easy as giving something to someone hand to hand with such improved technology. But music makes its own sense to me. It is divine, it is such deeply defined and it still over-whelms me with its existence.

I remember playing songs as per my mood since childhood, changing sides and rewinding songs by physically moving the reels with the help of pencils to forward various advertisements in the end and to quickly reach my favorite song. Music just got created within me that made me a different person altogether. Music for me is the most precious thing. I consider it a higher form than humans as it is faithful, committed and permanent. It doesn't change with relations.. time or mood. 

It was with me when I had my hard times in school or college. Bad grades or fight with family, break ups or tiff with a friend, long hours of crying or long journeys with dear ones, painful ends or delightful beginnings, it was always there like a therapy to heal me, like a back up to be there for me when everyone leaves. It might have changed its ways to reach me, but its affect and touch still reaches my inner core. I love it and I respect it. I keep it with me and I be with it. Its never away, its never apart, its just is always connected to me in some or the other way.

My relationship with music is just about selflessness which I found in it only. People came to my life and went away, few stayed, few changed, few stood by, few never looked back, but music was always there. My song of the moment, my song of the day, my song of the mood was always there, in some or the other cassette, cd, dvd, drive or folder. It was there. It is just another identity associated with me and my heart belongs to it entirely.

Medhavi
29.10.14


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

oas 🌸

ghum 🌸

neend 🌸