This day, last year...

This day, last year, I lost you.
Since then, life changed. You and I never met.
Words never found a way.
Time moved day after day.
You never missed my touch.
You never recalled my love.
I didn't wait a day for you to come back,
Because I couldn't forget what all you said.
The nights are still long.
The days are still a pain.
The hours still feel like months.
The seconds feel like eternity.
I still listen to your favorite song,
And miss you when I lose my strength.
I still long for your sight,
And the struggle to survive persists.
I give up and hope again each day,
To find a reason and a way,
But tonight I can't sleep as I am lost,
Lost somewhere I can't recall.
Look at me and Hold me again,
Kiss my tears and ease this pain,
I love you and just can't still believe,
That you're gone and not here when I need,
Are you still thinking of me the way I am tonight?
Are you still up too like me in this dark night?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

oas 🌸

ghum 🌸

neend 🌸